I am living and working in Uganda with Amazima Ministries, but my eyes are set on eternity.

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. (Colossians 3:1-4)

Monday, November 29, 2010

Blessed to be serving the Lord




Jinja, Uganda is now officially home and I can't be more excited about that. The family that I had created here in just 3 months had been on my mind since I left and I was so excited to see them. As I have aged and traveled I have found a new appreciation for the Family of God.

"so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others"
-Rom 12:5

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus"
-Gal 3:28



What a blessing it was to greet my Ugandan brothers and sisters in Christ. This past year in Bible study at my brother's house I have really come to understand the unity and bond that I have with my fellow believers. We may not be blood. We may not even be the same skin color, but we share the strongest bond of all, a Lord who adopted us into his eternal family. Hugs and kisses for everyone was the order of the day

I arrived at 8:00 am on Saturday the 13th which means that I was able to attend the weekly Bible study/worship/fellowship for the children in the sponsorship program. Not only were many of the people who I had come to love so dearly all gathered together, but they also happened to be enjoying the final product of my summer work in Uganda, the playground. I say my summer work, but looking at it and seeing the results, it is obvious that it was the Lord's. Going into the project I prayed that the Lord would make the playground what he wanted it to be cause I knew that I was incapable of doing it on my own. It was so relieving knowing that I couldn't mess it up. He would take care of it.






Well, He did. It turned out so great. When I left there was still lots of work to do and many of the finalizing steps really changed its overall appearance. The pure pleasure that you see in the eyes of the children as they hang from the monkey bars, fly high on the swings, or navigate through the rope net reminds me how blessed I have been to be able to come and work here.




5 comments:

  1. Praise God! We are happy that you are home and that the playground turned out so great. We are praying that God be glorified in your life and in your service to Him. His will be done on earth as it is in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the pictures and story of God's work with us. Our family prays for you each day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work Brad. Its awesome to see the kids playing on it. Will you be able to include Alex and some of the guys on the Pavilion Project (or on the Abacus Arena... which sounds like a good sequel).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!! We've been waiting for a new post. This is excellently done. Love it, Brad!!! We can't wait to see all the other ways that Jesus takes care of you and those you get the privilege of knowing and serving. Praying!
    -all the M's

    ReplyDelete