I am living and working in Uganda with Amazima Ministries, but my eyes are set on eternity.

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. (Colossians 3:1-4)

Sunday, March 17, 2013

I don't believe I have shared that I got a new truck several months back.  Previously I had a 1992 Landcruiser pickup and now have upgraded to a 2003 Landcruiser pickup.  I really like my old truck but being 20 years old it was showing its age.

I still can't believe I was able to find a newer Landcruiser pickup.  Since being here I have heard about 4 of these trucks for sale.  Because of their rarity, generally the ones you find have been driving in Uganda for many years and are beaten up from the rough roads and rough use.  Unbelievably, I found one in the import bonds that had just been brought in from United Arab Emirates that was in really good shape. 

Max is making sure everyone knows that this is his truck
You wouldn't believe the use I have already gotten out of this thing.  I seem to be hauling cement, timbers, furniture, eucalyptus poles, school supplies, and many other things on a daily basis.  Due this constant use I had a heavy duty ladder rack made for it and have been so pleased with its addition to it's functionality.


When you buy timber here all the pieces are cut into 12' pieces and when you buy eucalyptus poles they usually are 20'-30' long.  These items were difficult to accommodate in the bed of the truck, but now that I can put them up top it makes transport much easier.



You will see in some of the pictures that I had a decorative Celtic cross made into the ladder rack.  The metal workers here are pretty amazing and create detailed designs in much of their work.  All the windows here have bars on them, and most doors and compound gates are made of metal as well.  This gives them the opportunity to put fancy designs into their work so things don't end up looking like a jail.  Anyway, I figured why not make my ladder rack with a little personality.  I've always been proud of my Celtic heritage and love religious art so I went with a Celtic cross.  Sure makes my truck unique.



I know this update isn't one with tons of great stories or words of inspiration, but I have decided that there are many of you who just want to hear what is going on in my life and so I will do my best to accommodate.

1 comment: