I am living and working in Uganda with Amazima Ministries, but my eyes are set on eternity.

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. (Colossians 3:1-4)

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Renee's House


I hung out at Renee’s last night with these two boys and the handful of other kids she already had staying with her. Talking with her and hearing her stories really made me understand how nice it will be to have a nursing degree. Both Renee and Katie act as doctors to hundreds if not thousands of people. Neither have any “official” medical training, but both have been willing to let God use them and have learned as they go. Katie hasn’t talked to me much about what she does, but Renee’s skill-set is pretty impressive.

If somebody asked me what I did this weekend I would have a pretty entertaining response. “I went over to a friend’s house and fed some malnourished children. After that I got an HIV test done on me. All in all it was a pretty fun night.” Don’t worry, I don’t have HIV. I was just interested in seeing how to do the test.


No comments:

Post a Comment